Tuesday 30 August 2016

I don’t kiss on-screen as I have inhibitions, says Sonakshi Sinha


Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha is the only actress who hasn't locked lips in any of the movies and she says she won't kiss on screen as she is not comfortable.
When asked about kissing in her films, Sonakshi Sinha told indianexpress.com, "Obviously there are inhibitions. That's why I don't do it in my films."

After Tevar, Sonakshi will be next seen in AR Murugadoss' upcoming action drama Akira. She will be seen fiercely throwing punches, roundhouse kicks and many other daredevil stunts in the film. Not many actresses in Bollywood have tried their hand at martial arts and doing stunts in their films, as compared to actresses in Hollywood. However, Sonakshi has managed to break that perception with Akira.

Sonakshi said, "First of all I would like to take that as a compliment. To get compared with Hollywood is a big thing for me. I am happy that I have got noticed for my hard work. I went through a lot of physical training for this film as doing action, applying punches and kicking high is not an easy thing. You have to be fit and only then can you do such things. Also, actresses don't get a chance to showcase their abilities and action in Bollywood. In Hollywood, they give actresses opportunities to do action and other stuff. I hope with Akira, actresses in Bollywood would start getting action roles and perform stunts."

Apart from doing high-octane action sequences in the film, understanding her character's emotional feelings and situation was the most challenging for the Dabangg actress. "Getting into the mindset of the character was challenging for me. The pain, the situation she has been through and to portray that was not easy for me since I have never been in such a situation and I have never faced such an environment. And then, learning martial arts and doing stunts in the movie also took a lot out of me," she said.

Sonakshi will be seen kicking the butt of the bad guy in Akira. When we asked if she has done the same thing in real life as well, she laughed and told us, " Yes. I have punched and kicked someone but I won't take his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment